It’s late in the day, possibly an indicator of the week ahead. Possibly not.
This week I want to return to the theme of college. I’ve worked out what my major dislike of college is. I enjoy reading and studying, but hate academia. Working this out in a clear way has made me enjoy college a lot more recently. Now I just get the academia done and out of the way and enjoy the rest of the ride.
- College continues to stretch my thinking about how theology is done. This year I think my ability to discern truth has become sharper. No longer to I just agree with what I always thought was right and dismiss straight away what I think to be wrong. I assess both positions now and am more inclined to reach my own conclusions. I think this is a big step for me, at times I still will trust the work of much smarter theologians, but slowly I am developing a more independent mind.
- Being between two years is lame, but I am slowly building some friendships with those in 2nd year.
- I am working on an Old Testament essay on Marriage based around Deut 24:1-4. My work so far has been enjoyable. Pray that I will be diligent in writing the essay and that it will show the fruit of my hours spent reading the last two weeks.
- The mid year New Testament exam is approaching (4 weeks) and I need to pick my Greek grammar up again. Cause I passed greek last year I am not learning it alongside my NT work. So discipline in learning it again would be great.
- Other: I have a thigh injury that I would love to heal quickly, thanks.