KYCK 09 was awesome, great and excellent. This could also describe the way that Ross Ciano decribed Heaven.
The theme for the weekend was: Victory Now, Victory Later based on the book of Revelation. It’s a hard book to cover in 6 talks, and naturally not much was covered but I the crux of Revelation is found in its final chapters 19-22 and 3 of the talks were from this section. I aways enjoy hearing about heaven and Jesus ruling on his throne. Both Ross and Scott (Petty) did a great job.
It was great to take a few of the crew from Avalon. It was their first time and they loved it. Well they loved it apart from the terrible weather. With 60 kph winds gusting to 90 kph camping is always interesting, and cold… very cold.
It was great to see about 40 kids commit or recommit to having Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. The ministry of Katoomba confrences has had a major impact on our city of Sydney and is worth investing in so that it may continue.
My crew and I are already looking forward to next year. We are going to be looking at the book of Ecclesiastes, Eternity On Our Hearts. Planning has begun for what to take and how to set up for camping again. The parents involved in the youth ministry at Avalon are awesome. Massive shout out to them and their humble service.
Did you go to KYCK? What did you think? Any Cool Stories?
My Twitter updates during KYCK in reverse order:
- At last session for #kyck 2. Survived the wind last night. Got some sleep too :). All for Jesus.
- @rockinrabbi wind is getting stronger by the minute. Tent is bending lots.
- Hitting up day 2 of #kyck. Epic wind last night v.little sleep. But looking forward to the day. All about Jesus.
- @jameskirsop guess it raining and bad
- In a tent in the rain and wind in katoomba. Girls screaming in the tent next to us. All about Jesus. #kyck
- At #KYCK. All about Jesus.