Just read an interesting article about youth today and their dislike of top-down authority and leadership structures and a preference for peer-peer leadership (which honestly I believe isn’t leadership).
A few questions to pose:
- Who has the final say in the decision making process in peer-peer?
- Who is responsible for mistakes? (i.e. where does the buck stop)
- From the view of Christian leadership, how does this affect the way youth look to their leaders?
- What will it mean for a new leader to lead the kids they are responsible for if they have this idea of leadership?
- Will this emphasise the idea of Jesus as best buddy and reduce Jesus as Lord?
I have a few answers in my head but keen to see where discussion goes. Will post some thoughts in comments later.